| Puffy Eyes - Home Remedies To Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
Home :: Puffy Eyes
Puffy Eyes - Causes And Home Remedies To Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
What is puffy eyes?
Puffy eye is that when you awake the eyes are swollen. Late nights, allergies, high salt intake or general stress can cause the unsightly phenomenon of puffy eyes.
What are the causes of Puffy Eyes?
Puffiness or fullness of the skin under the eyes can be due to a number of causes. Some the common causes of puffy eyes are:
- Changes in your body's fluid balance such as due to weather changes, travel or hormone fluctuations.
- Drinking more alcohol then the capacity results in hangovers and they also produce puffy eyes.
- Contact lenses can cause irritation and swelling, results in puffy eyes.
- Lack of sleep may also results in puffy eyes.
- Heredity problem is also cause puffy eyes.
What are the symptoms of puffy eyes?
- Eyelid swelling.
- Eye redness or pink eyes.
- Eye Swelling.
- Inability to closing or opening of the eyes is most common symptom of puffy eyes.
Natural home remedies to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Apply cool tap water compresses to the skin under your eyes.
- Drink of enough water will also reduce eye puffiness. When a person is dehydrated the body starts storing water as a defense system and this will add to puffy eyes, so drink around 8-10 glass of water daily to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Prepare two tea bags by soaking them in water, squeeze them out and cool them in the refrigerator. Once they are chill out, lie down and place the bags on closed eyelids for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Make sure you get enough sleep with regular timings.
- Take two thin slices of a chilled cucumber and placed a slice on each eyelid for 5 minutes. This helps to relieve sore, puffy eyes.
- Contact lenses should be removed before going to bed, to avoid puffiness caused by lens irritation and drying.
- Soak cotton wool pads in rose water and use them as eye pads, over closed eyes, this will help to get rid of puffy eyes and reduce your puffiness.
- The intake of vitamins A is of utmost importance in reducing the puffiness of the eyes. The best sources of this vitamin are carrots, oranges, tomatoes, cabbage etc.
Back to eyes disorder section
Home Remedies || Health Care Blog || Herbal Capsules || Herbal Teas || Contact us || Injuries || Vitamins ||
(c)Copyright Best-home-remedies.com. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer : All information on Best-Home-Remedies.com is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, please consult your doctor. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site.