Home :: Menorrhagia
Some women may naturally have a heavier flow during the menstrual period than others. However, if you have excessive bleeding, which is a change from your normal cyclic routine, and the flow contains large clots, it is advisable to consult a gynaecologist. There could be an underlying problem of hormonal imbalance, polyps, fibroids, or even cancer.
Symptoms of Menorrhagia.
The symptoms of menorrhagia include :-
- Menstrual flow that soaks through one or more sanitary pads or tampons every hour for several consecutive hours.
- The need to use double sanitary protection to control your menstrual flow.
- Tiredness, fatigue or shortness of breath (symptoms of anemia).
- The need to change sanitary protection during the night.
- Irregular menstrual periods.
- Menstrual period that lasts longer than seven days.
- Menstrual flow that includes large blood clots.
- Heavy menstrual flow that interferes with your regular lifestyle.
- Constant pain in the lower abdomen during menstrual period.
Causes of Menorrhagia.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Uterine fibroids.
- Pregnancy complications.
Home Remedies for The Menorrhagia Treatment.
- Coriander-seed decoction: Boil a teaspoon of coriander seeds in a cup of water till it is reduced to half. Add sugar to taste and have twice or thrice a day while it is still warm.
- Eat banana-flower curry every day, or have it as a dry vegetable with yoghurt. Banana flower has a progestron-like substance, so it helps regularise the flow during the periods.
- Grind fresh bael leaves. A teaspoonful of this paste with warm water, had once a day, is efficacious.
- Soak 2-3 almonds in water overnight. Next morning, remove the skins and grind the almonds to a paste with 2-3 small bael leaves. Add a little honey and have daily. (The bael-Ieaf juice should be about a teaspoonful). Follow this with a cup of warm milk.
- Have a teaspoon of Indian gooseberry juice with sugar on an empty stomach every morning. Follow it up with a glass of warm water.
- Mimosa pudica grows wild throughout India . It is a thorny shrub which spreads on the ground, has small pink flowers, and its leaves close when touched. Two tablespoonful of the fresh juice of the leaves, taken with honey thrice a day for 3-4 days will stop the bleeding.
- Asparagus tubers: Take a tablespoonful of the crushed tuber juice with sugar thrice a day for 3-4 days.
Back to Gynaecological Problems Section
Home Remedies || Health Care Blog || Herbal Tincture || Herbal Tonics || Vitamins || Contact us || Injuries ||
(c)Copyright Best-home-remedies.com. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer : All information on Best-Home-Remedies.com is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, please consult your doctor. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site.