Herbal Home Remedies
 Calcium - Benefits, Deficiency Symptoms And Food Sources Connect Us on FB
Major Minerals
Calcium (Ca)
Carbon (C)
Chlorine (Chloride)(Cl)
Hydrogen (H)
Magnesium (Mg)
Nitrogen (N)
Oxygen (O)
Phosphorus (P)
Potassium (K)
Sodium (Na)
Sulfur (S)
Arsenic (As)
Beryllium (B)
Boron (B)
Cadmium (Cd)
Chromium (Cr)
Cobalt (Co)
Copper (Cu)
Fluorine/Fluoride (F)
Iodine
Iron (Fe)
Lead (Pb)
Lithium (Li)
Manganese (Mn)
Mercury (Hg)
Molybdenum (Mo)
Nickel (Ni)
Selenium (Se)
Silica or Silicon (Si)
Tin (Sn)
Vanadium (V)
Zinc (Zn)
Related Section
Fruits Importance
Minerals Importance
Vegetable Importance
Vitamins

Home :: Calcium

Calcium - Benefits, Deficiency Symptoms And Food Sources

Acid/Alkaline :: Alkaline-forming

Types: protein bound Ca. 46%; diffusable Ca. 6.5%; ionized Ca. 47.5%

What is Calcium?

Calcium is vital for the formation of strong bones and teeth and for the maintenance of healthy gums. Most of the calcium in our bodies - 99 percent of it - is found in our bones and teeth and remaining 1 percent is found throughout the body in blood, muscle, and the fluid between cells.

Uses and Benefits of Calcium

  • Calcium is the most abundant mineral (metal) in your body. It is necessary for bone, cartilage, tendons and connective tissue strength. (Used in bone matrix.)
  • Assists the actuation of many enzymes including pancreatic.
  • Works with neuro-transmissions.
  • Used in ATP, Adenosine Triphosphate release (cell energy reserves).
  • 99% of the body's Ca is located in the bones and teeth. Plays a role in blood clotting.
  • One of many cellular transporters.

Recommended Dosage of Calcium

The minimum Recommended Dosage Allowance of Calcium are :-

  • Adults - 800 mg.
  • Children - 600 mg.
  • Pregnant Women - 1200 mg.

Deficiency Symptoms of Calcium

A lack of utilization is epidemic. Utilization requires parathyroid/thyroid hormones and alkalization.

Short term deficiencies: muscle cramping and spasms, pounding heartbeat, loss of sleep, irritability, tooth decay, periodontal disease, softened bones, nervousness, back and leg cramps, brittle bones, connective tissue weakness including varicose and spider veins, hemorrhoids, prolapsed conditions of organs and skin, petechiae, hot flashes, hot and cold syndrome, and heart arrhythmias. Plays a role in muscular contraction. Use is regulated by parathyroid hormone and vitamin D. Builds bones and teeth. Normalizes heart action, nerve irritability, blood coagulation, normalizes metabolism. Calcium neutralizes excessive serum histamines. Increased calcium consumption can increase calcitonin production by the thyroid gland (C-cells). This actually inhibits bone re absorption, thus creating the opposite effect of rebuilding your bones. Lead interferes with calcium utilization.

Long term deficiencies: Osteoporosis, scoliosis, rickets and diseases involving the loss of calcium from the bones or the failure of growing bones to have enough calcium for strength and proper growth. Stunted growth. Also, arthritis and depression.

Toxicity: Acidosis, bone spurs, kidney stones, stenosis issues, and calcium deposits in tissues. Also possibly hypertension, confusion, nausea and vomiting.

Rich Food Sources of Calcium

Kelp, sesame seeds, dark leafy green vegetables, carrots, oranges, almonds, broccoli, papaya, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, tofu, bone meal, brown rice, and most fruits and vegetables.

Note: Coffee, commercial teas, carbonated drinks, (soda pops, etc.), marijuana, excess salt, cigarettes, refined sugars, alcohol, and chemical diuretics all inhibit or "pull" calcium out of bone and tissues.



Home Remedies || Health Care Blog || Herbs || Herbal Tincture || Herbal Tonics || Contact us || Injuries ||

 
Web Best-home-remedies.com

(c)Copyright Best-home-remedies.com. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer : All information on Best-Home-Remedies.com is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, please consult your doctor. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site.